Sometimes other people say it best. They find a way to express a thought or a feeling in a way that makes perfect sense to you, or their words open a new line of thinking. Quotes can be beautiful, sad, or just philosophical. They can offer comfort when you are in need or express an emotion that you were barely aware of. Quotes can enhance every part of your life, including your yoga or meditation practice. Here are ten quotes to make you think about yoga, and life in a new and deeper way.
1. For those who are always looking for something, even when they are certain that they will never find it.
“I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teachings of my soul.” – Rumi
2. For those who are unhappy and don’t understand why.
“Through practice, I’ve come to see that the deepest source of my misery is not wanting things to be the way they are. Not wanting myself to be the way I am. Not wanting the world to be the way it is. Not wanting others to be the way they are. Whenever I’m suffering, I find this war with reality to be at the heart of the problem.” – Stephen Cope
3. For happy people and a happy world.
“Healthy plants and trees yield abundant flowers and fruits. Similarly, from a healthy person, smiles and happiness shine forth like the rays of the sun.” – B.K.S. Lyenger
4. Beautiful words from the master of peace.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. Words we all need to listen to and live by.
“Life is way too short to spend another day at war with yourself.” – Sandy Kalik
6. The point of yoga is never the pose, it is always the practice.
“The prize is in the process.” – Baron Baptiste
7. An idea that applies equally to life and yoga. Anything that is worth having requires that we work towards it.
“No one is wise by birth, for wisdom results from ones own efforts.” – T. Krishnamacharya
8. Encouragement for those times when we feel like we can’t do anything right.
“By our stumbling the world is perfected.” – Yogi Bhajan
9. A reminder that we can always control our reactions to situations that are out of our control.
“You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Mr. Yoga
10. This is a reminder that not everything can be the way we want it to be, and we would be much happier if we would accept that.
“Change is not something that we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. For without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom, and no one in this world would ever move forward to become the person they’re meant to be.”
These are some yoga quotes that can improve and enhance your life and your yoga practice. Use them the next time you need a bit of inspiration or support.